Monday, May 28, 2012

So how do I teach my children about Memorial Day.  Of course the older ones have understood for years.  But when the boys are still learning so many of the basic things in life how do I explain that there are those who have given up their life so that they have the freedom to choose.  That so many of the services and therapies they enjoy are not a global right.  That we are so blessed to live with these freedoms.
I decided to start simple.  Teaching them has to start so very basic.  Our first step is to identify family members who have served or are still serving our country. These are not all of our family that have served, but it is a start.  I don't like to post this without including them all.  So if you are a family member please send me pictures to honor others who have served.



Uncle Bill   We thank you for giving your life in service.






Grandpa S.






Cousin Ryan






Cousin Bob   Currently serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment