Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Endocrinology appointment, peeling the skin off toes, horseback riding, chicken pox, feeding a stray cat and catching fireflies...sounds like 
a typical day to me!
We discussed how we are choosing not to do a $3000 blood test that takes 3 hours to find out if we need to do growth therapy for at least 5 years at $40,000 a year.  We managed to leave the office with only an order for an updated x-ray to check Nate's bone growth delay. Thanks Doc for supporting us!
The toe...I can barely look at it.  But, he is leaving his slippers on better.  Chase used up the bandage tape taking care of the animals.  I should get some more.  This started during the his chicken pox.  It really was a transfer of behavior.
He has trouble with peeling his nails and the skin around them.  I know I can't just tell him not to pick at his fingers without giving him a replacement behavior.  I tried.  I just couldn't find a behavior that is preferred over the picking.

But what a way to end the day.  
The fireflies were out.
This is also why I let Samantha get away with not doing too many chores.  She is quite busy being a sister and therapist to her brothers.  Although I am not sure she would agree with the not 'too many chores'.



No comments:

Post a Comment