Thursday, July 26, 2012

"What we need to think about is what are they going to be when they grow up."
"Don't make everyone the same."
"Find the back doors for our kids."
"Your social media is your resume'.  ...don't put up anything your grandma can't see."
"Use your hands.  Many have only drawn on a computer."
"Practical is not perfect."
Lots of wonderful things to think about.  Dr. Grandin gave a stellar presentation.  She reminded me I need to stretch Nathan.  Am I up for it?  I will try.  It is so scary to push him.  He shuts down so easily.  But, I need to find the difference between stretching him and challenging him. Maybe the difference is by challenging him I am trying to make him do what I think he should.  And by stretching him I take what he can do and get him to do more.  Yes, I think that is it.
I could have stretched myself more today.  I don't know if I was being respectful or just plain chicken.  I was introduced to Dr. Grandin and we spoke for a good five minutes before her speech and I didn't ask for a picture.  I will go with 'respect'.  Whichever it was a wonderful experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment