Wednesday, July 4, 2012

The boys' pretty little cousin!  What a gal!  To clarify she is moving the sparkler that is why the flame looks huge.

Now this is how we picture the 4th of July.  Children, cousins and friends celebrating with fireworks.  The one time of year for many that they are so hands on.
But not last night for Nathan.  He did his celebrating the night before.  He had enough fireworks to last him until next year.  I prompted, maybe even pushed him to come join the festivities outside.  He said "No" each time I asked.  I decided that I didn't need him to do it for me.  Because he certainly wasn't going to come outside for himself.  He was perfectly happy to hang out with Grandma and a freshly washed dog that wouldn't stay off the couch.
It is vital to give children with autism opportunities to experience things.  Not to give up too easy or not try because it is too hard.  But, sometimes NO MEANS NO.

No comments:

Post a Comment