Wednesday, July 25, 2012

I had a once in a lifetime experience today.  Samantha walked in the the kitchen, handed me the phone and said, "It's Temple Grandin", then she walked away.
It is true.  Really.  What is even funnier is I said, "As you know my name is Elizabeth... I am calling from Springfield, Missouri."  Then she said, "I am in Springfield."  And, of course I made the most wonderful first impression.  I said, "What?".  Well maybe she will remember me?!  She is here for an under-publicized speech for an Ag group.  I told her if it was okay I would rally the troops.  She said that would be great, she would love to fill the auditorium to capacity.  What a fun early morning I have now.  Very pleased to make this connection! Thanks to Dr. Grandin for visiting and welcoming us all to hear you speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment