Thursday, September 20, 2012

It was so long ago that Nicole met her favorite author, Obert Skye.  Eighth grade at Barnes and Noble.  A chance errand brought to my attention a book signing.  He was to be there that weekend (or maybe the next).  She was so excited.  She was there early and closed the place down.  He treated her like he was honored to meet her.  Like anyone should treat a fan.  Little did he know she was/is his biggest fan.  What a wonderful man and mentor.
Excited to read his new book.
Today was a wonderful day.  She definitely needed a pick me up.  She purchased his newest release.  Very pleased she began her ritual reading of his series.  And then something amazing happened.
During!
Her words exactly..."*Is reading Geth and the Deception of Dreams. Reaches page 120. Stops, rubs eyes. Reads again. Screams with delight!!* Thank you thank you thank you!!! I can't even describe how happy that makes me!! I wish you could have seen the expression on my face! You're the best!"
You guessed it.  Someone just became immortalized in conversation with her favorite character.

No comments:

Post a Comment