Monday, September 3, 2012

12/22/1964 - 9/04/1982

As we clean out cabinets and prepare for a family dinner with our extended family I can't help but think of all the years we spent our Labor Day collecting coins and dumping them in the fish tank.  The MDA telethon was part of our lives.  But not just the telethon the whole organization.  We were part of the Jerry Lewis days.  Whenever there was a chance to do a school report on a hero I always chose him.
I miss my brother and wish my children had known their other uncle.  But, he is always and forever in our hearts.  This weekend is a time to reflect on his life and death. That was the the weekend we were all going to stay up with him and watch the telethon through the night.  He probably did.  He just had a different view than the rest of us. 
I miss you my dear brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment