Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Thanks to the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions we were able to visit Silver Dollar City yesterday free of charge.
Not only was it a fun day...



















It was a day full of generosity and kindness.  Of course, beginning with the tickets.  Then Nathan received 2 gold coins as a gift from Silver Dollar City.  Not quite sure if it was kindness that people in line kept reassuring us that it was okay to use our special pass not to wait in line or if they wanted us out of their line.  Whichever, they were kind and supportive.  Then after wondering the park hitting every boat ride trying to get him to the "boat" ride he kept asking for I finally figured out that what Nathan kept referring to was Geyser Gulch.  But, it had closed for the day.  I explained to the attendant who was closing it I wanted to show him that I did understand him.  That he didn't give up and his words brought us here.  But, it was closed and that is why we couldn't go again.  She signed with him, gave him time to see it was closed, accept it, and then gave him a special token from that area.
 
 Then at the end of the day.  We decide to stay for a free concert.  Tired and out of money (I only bring in what I intend to spend and leave all other sources of funds at home) Nathan asked for a drink.  And, our warm tap water just wasn't cutting it.  I took what change we had left and headed to the concessions.  Doubting that I would have even close enough I asked about smallest drink available.  As I was counting the coins I was asked about our visit.and intrigued by an answer more questions were asked.  Then the two serving reached across the counter and said it was enough.  
                                                              
I don't think anything ever tasted so sweet to Nathan as this liquid kindness.
What a wonderful day...

No comments:

Post a Comment