Saturday, February 23, 2013


2009 videos...
There are some things I miss. Spontaneous language is definitely on that list. As my posts have slowed down so had my enthusiasm. I remember the first conference on autism that I attended probably 16 years ago. I have never forgotten something that mystified me at the time. That I now understand.
I listened to the speaker talk about this journey.  The one I had only just begun with my first child with autism. He said we will leave this conference with passion and strength. But, there will be times when we just need to take a break. It is impossible to keep up this pace of unstoppable parent persistence. It is okay to let ourselves cycle. That we can't go full force forever. Taking every opportunity to learn, research and apply. Our bodies and our minds need to rest. By resting we make ourselves stronger. We have had a calm and enjoyable winter. With the help of my sister we have reorganized and simplified my home. I am done taking a break!
I am feeling that feeling.
Time to jump back in with both feet. 
Not tonight, but it is coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment