Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The conference planning is going great!  Looking forward to meeting Chantal Sicile-Kira and Matt Savage.
May 2-3, 2013
I am personally interested in Chantal because of the work she has done with her son to provide him with what he needed to find his voice.  I am desperately trying to help Nathan find his voice.  Maybe one day he will find a way to communicate as Chantal's son...

“Autism is an important influence in my life.
The hardest part is not being able to talk.
God must have been out of voices when he made me.”
– Jeremy Sicile-Kira
   
I believe Nate will.  Just tonight he told me, 'look, turn you head'.  Jeremy speaks with assistive technology and is non-verbal.  Whether Nathan uses assistance or becomes verbal it doesn't matter.  What matters is that I will hear him.

And Matt, what a treasure.  I have followed his career for close to 5 years.  An amazing young man.  He travels the world playing the piano.  And, just released his 9th Jazz album, titled 'Welcome Home'.
 "...this is Savage's album all the way, as he not only plays with a maturity well beyond his years but wrote and arranged every number..."
ALL ABOUT JAZZ.COM


No comments:

Post a Comment