Friday, March 15, 2013

A box. 
How can a box be of such consequence?
Breaking between midterm essays I ran to pick up Chase's anti-seizure meds.  To the tech it seemed too trivial to mention.  But, I wanted to know where the boxes were.  Not ocd, but the result of years of studied administration and care of a very precarious medication held in a glass bottle.  One that has to be kept at 72 degrees and shielded from light or else seizures ensue.  Been there done that.  Will not do again.  So I have been instructed that I must speak directly to a pharmacist to refill his prescription if I want to keep the boxes.  The boxes that I have been using for the last four+ years...
The point is if you ever wonder why parents of children with special needs are always running short on time.  This is why.  For most everyone any task takes more time than we think.  Then add that people throw away our boxes if we don't talk to the boss.   
Oh well....that's how we roll.
fyi...they said the boxes were not retrievable.
 (Our usual tech stepped in and carefully wrapped the bottles for transport home.  I appreciated that act of efficiency and care.)

No comments:

Post a Comment