Friday, July 4, 2014

What a day to blog about Nathan last trip to St. Louis Children's Hospital.  Yes, Independence Day.  
Two days after Nathan recovered from a stomach virus regression hit.  Language loss, no sleeping, irritability, confusion.  After talking with his team it was decided that he should receive another IVIG treatment because of the success of the first one.
So he and I loaded up the car took off.  Waiting to get hooked up was hard. 

He wasn't happy about the treatment, but tolerated it well.  Anxious to leave, we were there just under 32 hours.  Two treatments complete.  Then we journeyed home.



Since we have been back his therapists have been asking, "What are you doing different?"  Telling me, "He did more today than I have ever seen."  "He said more, signed more and attended more."  
While this excites me I am for the first time finding myself guarded.  I always hope.  I always plan for his future in a verbal world.  But, always loving my young man just the way he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment