Thursday, November 8, 2012

Interesting....  As I prepare for someone to come into my home and evaluate Nathan for home health services I ran across a posting from a friend.
I have been looking at getting a bit of help for some time due to the lack of sleep that Nathan's needs bring.  And, the intense schedule we keep.  I thought just for a time until I can get caught up.  My struggle is even though there are dishes in the sink, clothing that needs to be folded and floors that haven't been mopped since Nicole's last visit...how do I let someone else care for him.  He is my son.  He has teachers and therapist who tend to those needs, but I am his mother.
This is what I read.  I will use this as my anchor as I decide what services we will request.

“The most significant visions are not cast by great orators from a stage. They are cast at the bedsides of our children. The greatest vision casting opportunities happen between the hours of 7:30 and 9:30 PM Monday through Sunday. In these closing hours of the day we have a unique opportunity to plant the seeds of what could be and what should be. Take every opportunity you get.”
― Andy Stanley




Because he is my son.

No comments:

Post a Comment